A Better Future for American Youth and Our Nation
By elevating character attributes in the way students are educated and selected for educational opportunity, the ultimate goal of the Character Collaborative is to create – and document — a healthier, happier, more promising future for our youth. Specifically, we seek the following:
- A future society in which moral judgment, respect for others and social responsibility are more valued in leadership and citizenship.
- Personal attributes and skill sets of resilience, perseverance, collaboration and respect for others are more developed by our youth and demonstrated throughout society.
- Stress, anxiety and depression are reduced in young people.
- Admission, enrollment and completion rates are enhanced for under-served student populations.
- Our secondary and postsecondary institutions take greater responsibility for fostering social, emotional and character competencies among our youth.